Class Choice is a resource to help students adjust their schedule and pick classes/teachers for the upcoming year/trimesters. It is a great tool and helps students feel more in control of their schedules.
Class Choice will be open from
Feb. 11th, 2020 through 8AM on Feb. 24th, 2020 for
3rd trimester class changes.
Limited changes will be allowed after this time.
The earlier students log in and customize their schedule, the better options they will have as classes will fill and make it difficult to get the teachers/classes they want.
9th, 10th and 11th grade will make ALL schedule changes through Class Choice.
12th grade will work with the counselors to make any schedule changes. They WILL NOT use Class Choice for 3rd trimester.
You will access Class Choice via PowerSchool. Please follow the steps below to access Class Choice:
- Log into your PowerSchool by going to thunderridgetitans.com then clicking on Parents (on the top tool bar) then select PowerSchool. Sign in by clicking Log in With Google (at the bottom of login screen).
- You will be redirected to Unified Classroom.
- Click on Quick Links (under left side tool bar).
- Scroll down to the bottom of menu and click on Class Choice.
Class Choice (Class Selection) Instructions
Add Online Classes to Your Schedule
Students and Parents, please take note of the following:
- Once changes are made in Class Choice, it may not automatically update in your schedule view in PowerSchool. Know that whatever schedule you create in Class Choice is accurate. Your schedule will be available in PowerSchool by the first day of 3rd Trimester (March 3, 2020)
- Please know that your schedule could still be changed by administration if class balancing or course changes are required. We will do our best to keep your class selections as requested.
- Core Math classes are locked in so they can not be dropped from your schedule completely, but are still able to moved periods. In order to move a core class, hover over the class to see available periods. You will then need to drop whatever elective or core class is in the period you want your math class. The math class will then be visible in the drop down menu for the desired period, and once you enter it in that period it will automatically be dropped from the previously assigned period (leaving a hole in your schedule that you'll need to fill). Remember, if you dropped a core class to move your math, you will need to ensure you add this core class back to your schedule.
- Your student may have one or more holes in his/her schedule. This is due to a variety of factors such as: Your student may not have requested enough classes or your student may not have been able to take one of his/her requested classes because the class is full. Your student will need to fill all holes in his/her schedule using Class Choice. A full schedule is 1st - 6th hour with the option of a 0 or 7th hour. Instructions are available if you are not familiar with Class Choice.
- If a class is full, it is full. You can keep checking while Class Choice is open to see if anyone has dropped that class, making it available for you to select. If other students do not drop the class, you are not able to select it. Counselors cannot override full classes.
- Once you drop a class, someone else might take it, so make sure you've located the class you want first and that you are truly willing to drop the class you're dropping (you might not be able to get it back).
- If you are planning on taking an online class through Bonneville Online High School you can put a place holder in your schedule by selecting the (BOHS) BOHS class under the drop down menu where you pick classes for each period. Adding this to your schedule will alert Bonneville Online High School what period you want your online class as well as alert your counselor you are signing up for an online class. You will still need to sign up for the online class through Bonneville Online High School to be enrolled in an online class. You can sign up starting February 7th through March 10th, 2020.